Re: [orca-list] testresults of new settings and profile stuff

Hey JosÃ.

Try the following:
1. Activate orca preferences.
2. Load a different profile.
3. Press escape or click the cancel button.

In my machine orca freezes.

Ugh. That's no good. I'm not seeing that myself, though I am seeing a
bit of a delay before Orca resumes speaking. I'll have to look into
that.

One of the bugs that has since been fixed was causing user-settings.conf
to not be quite right in its contents. I wonder if that is in any way
impacting what you are seeing? If you delete your user-settings.conf and
start over, can you reliably reproduce the freeze? If so, please send me
the offending user-settings.conf file so that I can test with it.
Thanks!

One question.
When I load a profile, orca uses the new settings immediately or they
will be used only after I apply the settings?

It should be immediately upon pressing load. If not, then I need those
details (steps to reproduce) as well.

Thanks and congratulations, nice job.

Aside from these (hopefully few) remaining bugs, I do think the
functionality (and under-the-hood clean-up) are quite cool. And soon,
very soon, we shall have quick language switching via Profiles.
<smiles>

Thanks and congratulations definitely also go to Ale, along with his
colleagues Juanje and Javi. These guys don't talk nearly as much as I
do, but they've done so, so much work for us.

Take care, and thanks for the feedback and reports!
--joanie