Re: [orca-list] friend's computer in broken package status

Hi,

I went through this about half a year ago. Basically you need to get a
later linux kernel, reboot and try apt-get dist-upgrade again. It
should work fine after that. You can use aptitude to download the
linux image,, and dpkg -i file_name_of-deb.deb to install it, apt
won't complain about trying to install packages.

HTH and hope the upgrade goes well!