Re: [orca-list] Notification Icons Question

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 02:46:16PM EST, Steve Holmes wrote:
Again, I don't know all the ATK function calls available that should
be included in programs.  After all, I thought gtk+ was supposed d to
be pretty much automatically inclusive of a11y things.

It is, but if an icon is the only thing used to represent an option/button/menu etc, then of course GTK can't
tell the user what it is, so its up to the developer to label the icon. In some instances, its simply a
matter of adding a simple line of code, something along these lines. Note in this example, I am assuimg that
the pointer/variable is already of type GtkWidget:

atk_object_set_name(icon_widget, "label for icon);

Luke