Re: [orca-list] bug #627451: To bind or not bind

Hey guys.

I've been watching this discussion out of the corner of my eye. And I
just want to be sure about something:

+1 to no fix key.

To *me* a "fixed" key would be something which is not (re)bindable. This
is not (in my mind) the same thing as a bound command which would be
rebindable.

In other words, as the subject of this thread suggests, the question at
hand is: Do we leave the command bound to the keystrokes Josà has in his
current patch? Or do we ask Josà to remove those keybindings from his
patch and make the commands unbound, but bindable for those who wish to
bind it?

If that's what y'all have meant all along, never mind and my apologies
for jumping in on this thread.  On the other hand, if you also think
that "fixed" is not the same as "bound," then as best as I can tell, we
don't really have a consensus.

Take care.
--joanie