Re: [orca-list] Selecting something form the terminal with Orca?

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 05:49:08PM -0400, Chris Gilland wrote:
Yeah, but there has gotta be! an easier way than that.

Yes, I agree.  But in the meantime, the more efficient way doesn't
work or at least I can't get it to work anymore.  I'll have to look
around and see if there are any bugs on this.  I'm thinking that Orca
should be able to isolate the desired text with flat review and give
that back to terminal and place it in the clipboard.  I figure Orca's
flat review is emulating the mouse movement somehow.  What I can't
recall for sure is how a sighted person would select text in the
terminal for copying.  I imagine she would start by holding down the
left button and drag the mouse to wherever.  I remember when this used
to work reliably and being disappointed greatly when it stopped
working.