Re: [orca-list] Splash Screen

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 06:28:39PM -0400, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
It's not up to the splash screen (or any other part of Orca) to do that.
The splash screen simply appears and goes away. And when it goes away,
it's up to the window manager to decide what window should have focus.
Orca's job is to correctly report that focused window, a job it does in
response to receiving an accessible window:activate event.

Well, than That part of Orca must be working OK then.  My window
manager never seems to bring up a focused window upon startup then.  I
don't know what is happening visually at that point but I find that I
have to force up the desktop with the Ctrl+Alt+d key.  I had to do
that in the past when Orca was set not to post its window on startup.
So for me that part didn't change at all.

Presumably, based on your description, the desktop was focused. It
temporarily lost focus when the splash screen appeared. When the splash
screen went away again, your window manager figured it should put focus
back on the desktop.

Which it did with no problems.