Re: [orca-list] Update on the System Voice stuff

Hey Steve.

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 14:02 -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 04:42:02PM -0400, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Still on my to-do list are:

* Roles in Gecko spoken in default voice rather than system voice.

Shouldn't default and system be swithed in the item above? Unless I
have roles confused, which could be a good possibility.  When Orca sys
"Link" or "heading 1" or whatever, aren't these roles? if so, I would
expect them to be in system voice, right?

Yes. I was not being sufficiently verbose. And, yes, you should indeed
note this moment of Joanie being succinct down in your history book
because, like comets, it will likely not occur again for many years to
come. <grin>

What I meant by the above is: "Still on my to-do list is the bug in
which roles in Gecko are currently spoken in the default voice, rather
than the system voice which is the voice that should be used because
roles are not actually displayed on the screen but conveyed through the
object's visual appearance."

Sorry for the confusion!
--joanie