To: "Ben J. Bloomgren" <ben j bloomgren gmail com>
Cc: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 5:39 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] So close to converting, but I have some specific
questions

Hi Ben.
Yes, there is a bug in orca that prevents obtain the unicode value of a character when using a laptop layout. The problem is in the file laptop_keyboardmap.py around line 138 and line 139.
The lines are:

    ("comma", defaultModifierMask, ORCA_MODIFIER_MASK,
    "reviewSpellCurrentCharacterHandler",2),

I think that to fix we need to include the following lines after the above lines:

    ("comma", defaultModifierMask, ORCA_MODIFIER_MASK,
    "reviewUnicodeCurrentCharacterHandler", 3),
Thanks.