[orca-list] So close to converting, but I have some specific questions

Hello all,

I was trying to obtain the Unicode value for a character tonight, and my results are somewhat perplexing:

I tried to use Triple KP2 from the laptop layout, but it doesn't tell me the value. The weird thing is that on the desktop layout, Triple KP2 works like a charm, telling me the hexadecimal value for a Unicode character. I went into the keybindings page of the Orca preferences. I could change keybindings, but I could not add any. My only fix is to switch to the desktop layout and access those keybindings via the function key on my netbook.

My other interesting result is that my older Pacmate 40 braille display doesn't like Unicode characters by default. It reverts back to question marks. What do you all recommend on that one?

Being that this is not a true "bug", I don't want to report a bug against Orca on Launch Pad; however, I would like to know how to do this on the laptop layout of Orca. Neither I nor Chris Gilland, my best friend and Linux guide know how to use Python. Should we contact the Orca programmers? What should be our battle plan?

Sincerely,

Ben