Re: [orca-list] vinux-3.0 findings

The problem is something other than gnome volume control being too low. On board sound cards and Ubuntu have many problems and very probably the model I have isn't up to working with Vinux-3.0. Interestingly two instances where these problems do not occur are with Vinux-2.01-cli-max and Ubuntu 8.04 Intrepid. I ran an update on Ubuntu Intrepid and that's still talking when it comes up. A kernel upgraded so by now it's possible I'm running something like 9.x by now too. Orca comes up on the screen with Vinux-3.0 and doesn't talk at all. I think probability would be low for any success in locating this problem were I to get dmesg output written to a floppy once Vinux finished coming up but I'll do that anyway since I'm curious as to what if anything I'll find out. Maybe some others I meet now and then will be able to make more sense of it than I now can.