Re: [orca-list] voice profiles?

Hey Peter.

Regarding language switching, OpenOffice.org Writer has the ability to
encode text in different languages.  We use this in the odt2daisy plugin
to create DAISY books that use the appropriate TTS engine for the
different passages.  I don't know whether the language information is
exposed via AT-SPI yet.

I was pretty sure it was already being exposed, else I would have an
open issue at openoffice.org for it. :-) But for the sake of
thoroughness, I just took a look. Language is indeed exposed to us via
OOo Writer as a text attribute.

Take care.
--joanie