Re: [orca-list] voice profiles?

Hi,

While I wouldn't have much use for this feature myself, I can certainly see how it might be useful to those who frequently have to switch languages.

I would imagine people who don't have English as their primary language do a lot of switching between languages as they'd use their native language whenever they could but switch to English in order to read many web pages and participate in mailing list such as this one.

Since Orca currently doesn't preserve settings such as rate and pitch between switching synthesizers it must be annoying to have to keep readjusting these settings every time you change synth.

And if this was implemented then the say-all feature may as well be too because the say-all voice would be just another profile and the only difference would be how it was activated - by activating a say-all rather than using a new keybinding for switching profiles.

Paul