Re: [orca-list] my thoughts on speech-dispatcher and opentts.

Farhan napsal(a):
What I'm trying to understand and hopefully put in to words is why have
two of the same projects with  the same goals do the same thing?
This makes no sense to me, and the way I see it will just cause
confusion for newcomers to the opensource  accessible world.
why not work on one development version?

Yes, that was our concern too.  We don't think forking was the best solution of the
current situation.  We are glad to see new developers working on the project, but we
can't force anyone to cooperate.  Cooperation is always more complicated (I mean it
pragmatically).  I understand the reasons which lead to the fork, but I don't think they
are good enough considering the drawbacks.  But let's not presume, maybe we will find a
common way forward in the future.  We are open to a constructive discussion.

Best regards,

Tomas Cerha
Brailcom, o.p.s.