[orca-list] my thoughts on speech-dispatcher and opentts.

Hello all. what I have to say in the following message  might piss a
couple people off but this has to be said.
today, braillecom released a new testing version of speech-dispatcher,
what I'm  trying to understand is why would they release a new testing
version of speech-dispatcher when opentts is trying to do the same thing?
further to these thoughts is why release a new testing version of
speechd with Lukes enhancements, when opentts is trying to do the same
thing?
there was talks  a wile back about how braillecom needed funding and all
of that mess. that's why speech-dispatcher hadn't been updated in a year?
What I'm trying to understand and hopefully put in to words is why have
two of the same projects with  the same goals do the same thing?
This makes no sense to me, and the way I see it will just cause
confusion for newcomers to the opensource  accessible world.
why not work on one development version? I understand that the forking
was needed since speechd wasn't updated anymore, but the new estign
release of speechd released today seems problematic and
counterproductive for the access opensource technology user and will
cause more problems and questions when this is not needed.
Just my thoughts.
Farhan Khan