Re: [orca-list] revisiting the issue of unbound keybindings

Hi everyone,
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 02:26:45PM -0400, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
As you're all probably aware, Orca has a history of being pretty
minimalistic when it comes to keybindings, expecting the user bind what
he/she needs to what he/she wants.
[...]

Having said that.... Over the years people have requested that various
existing Orca commands be bound.
In my opinion, things that really should be bound is standard magnification commands like:
* toggle magnification
* increase/decrease magnification
* toggle cross-hair

In general, I think, not binding features to keys poses the risk of hiding the existence of these features
from users.

BTW: Is there the possibility to bind featues to mouse events - like
orca-key+wheel up/down to set magnification level or orca-key+middle button to turn on/off magnification?

Regards, Rudolf