[orca-list] revisiting the issue of unbound keybindings

Hey all.

As you're all probably aware, Orca has a history of being pretty
minimalistic when it comes to keybindings, expecting the user bind what
he/she needs to what he/she wants. I do think there are many advantages
to such an approach, including not running out of available keystrokes,
language/locale independence, and the fact that user needs are as
diverse and unique as users themselves.

Having said that.... Over the years people have requested that various
existing Orca commands be bound. And we didn't for a variety of reasons,
not least of which is that the issue seems to get raised on the eve of
string freeze without time to think about what should be done and how
best to do it. Now that we're just setting out on the 2.31 cycle, I
figured I'd raise the question again.

Thumbs up or thumbs down? If it's thumbs up, we need to see if we can
arrive at a solution that everyone (or nearly so) is reasonably happy
with.

Thanks. Take care.
--joanie