Re: [orca-list] revisiting the issue of unbound keybindings

Something else I forgot to include in my last message, the time date and
battery status keys, as implemented by Storm Dragon, rely on shell
commands to get their information. I believe that, should these be
integrated into Orca, GNOME should be queried for this information
instead. It reduces the dependencies, insures that the commands will
work across all GNOME environments (the BSD date command works very
different from the Linux one for example), and would respect regional
and locale settings the way the shell commands do not.