Re: [orca-list] Conditions of Orca work

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Le dimanche 18 avril 2010 à 11:29 -0400, Alex H. a écrit :
Hi,

Orca can work with GTK windowmanagers, so LXDE/XFCE would be fine.
Is there one slighter? What's the most slight?

What you'll probably want to do is install LXDE and make sure at-spi
starts before the app you want to start. This is done in Knoppix
Adriane. There's a menu that's read by SuseBlinux and when you select
something like "Firefox with graphical screen reader", Orca comes up
talking with Firefox in Focus. Orca doesn't work directly with the
commandline, it needs GNOME or another windowmanager like LXDE/XFCE,
and at-spi running before the windowmanager loads so it can provide
access.
Ok I tried to customise a ~/.xinitrc. Inside, I put:
exec /usr/lib/at-spi/at-spi-registryd
exec startlxde

Result: empty screen. What should I do so?

In your case, I'd probably install Speakup for the console, and
configure LXDE to launch only when you need a GTK app like Firefox and
Orca to run. It can be done, I don't know the exact steps though.
Completely right. But I dont find any method on the Internet. How can I do? No one would have the process? I
haven't enough information about X and start process to do that alone, and I'm lost.

Thanks for answers,

Good luck,
Thanks. I hope additional help because too hard for me...

Regards,

Alex