Re: [orca-list] how to select text when in gnome-terminal

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> wrote:

I really think there should be some way to be able to select text and
copy it to the clipboard while in a terminal.

There is xclip (see the xclip(1) manual page, and be sure to use the
-selection clipboard option if you want the text stored in the clipboard).

I know this isn't the answer you wanted, but it does work, even in console
sessions if you specify the X display to be used.