Re: [orca-list] Orca, problem with check lists?

Thanks Isaac.

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 14:36 +0100, Isaac Porat wrote:
More info, I have established with sighted help with Update Manager that
when a user presses the spacebar the check box is being checked /
unchecked but Orca does not announce this even when tabbing away and
then back to the checklist component.  When a sighted user ticks with
the mouse the check box Orca does not announce it either.

That's because the Update Manager isn't issuing the events we need to
tell us that the checkbox's checked state has been toggled. In addition
(but not surprisingly), it appears that the state set of the checkbox is
not getting updated, so when you go back (i.e. if you arrow off an item
and then back to it) Orca cannot accurately present the checked state of
the checkbox.

--joanie