). For more details and other boot options look at the GRML wiki and the cheatcodes. For an example of booting GRML with accessibility my audio walk through for installing GRML to hard disk gives a good example http://www.mwhapples.plus.com/linux/audio/grml_install.ogg (although it refers to GRML 2008.11 it is still relevant for the current release, things haven't changed that much).

Another extra thing is if your computer can boot from USB then you can use grml2usb to create a bootable USB drive which automatically starts accessibility (look at how to specify default boot options).

Michael Whapples
On -10/01/37 20:59, Øyvind Lode wrote:
Yeah, I know the Debian tools like ept*, dpkg etc

I took a look at www.grml.org,

But I'll probably be completely lost when booting it up...
No speech and no braille - I'm lost.

How hard is it to enable speech and braille on the console?

From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Michael Whapples
Sent: 15. september 2009 17:59
To: Orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Which distribution?

I would possibly say then go for debian or vinux for installing to your system. If you use debian for servers you hopefully know a little of the debian stuff (eg. apt, etc). As for GRML (www.grml.org) its due to its lack of gnome by default I say users should be familiar with the command line as they will need to use it to install gnome and using debian unstable isn't always the easiest way of getting gnome (unmet dependencies, etc). So yes gnome can be installed on GRML and it can be installed from packages GRML really comes in to its own on the command line. The other good thing with GRML is to use it as a live CD, so even if you don't want to install it to hard disk you may find it a great rescue CD.

Michael Whapples