Re: [orca-list] Problem with orca stopping

Hi Michael:

From these lines, it looks like the at-spi registry has dies or gone into a very unhappy state:

>   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/orca/focus_tracking_presenter.py",
> line 528, in _processObjectEvent
>     if event.source == self.registry.getDesktop(0):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pyatspi/registry.py", line 410,
> in getDesktop
>     raise LookupError(e)

Can you describe exactly how you are switching between Thunderbird and the desktop really quickly? I'd like to try to reproduce this.

Will

Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
I probably should file this as a bug, but I have noticed times when orca seems to just stop working (doesn't crash to the point where it exits but just doesn't seem to respond in any way, know orca is still running as it still shows text at the last time orca responded rather than brltty showing the "screen not in text mode" message).

Now I am not sure fully what causes it, but I first noticed it when exiting firefox and quickly switching to thunderbird. Now I don't think its specific to those applications, I seem to be able to achieve the same result by doing alot of quick switching between applications and the desktop (thunderbird being the application and I have quite a large number of messages in my inbox and orca does react slowly with the message list).

Now I am not sure whether the above is enough to try and work out why it stops, I have managed to get a exception trace when this occurs, here it is below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/orca/focus_tracking_presenter.py", line 925, in _dequeueEvent
    self._processObjectEvent(event)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/orca/focus_tracking_presenter.py", line 528, in _processObjectEvent
    if event.source == self.registry.getDesktop(0):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pyatspi/registry.py", line 410, in getDesktop
    raise LookupError(e)
LookupError

focus_tracking_presenter:_dequeueEvent:  the event queue is empty!

When this happens orca doesn't return the terminal it was launched from back to the prompt (which agrees with the Braille display observation).

Some version information:
orca 2.27.91 on debian. Thunderbird is a nightly version (3.0b4pre) and iceweasel (debian's firefox) 3.0.12.

Any thoughts on this?

Michael Whapples