Re: [orca-list] Using an alternative editor for a text area of a form with Firefox

This sounds like an interesting idea. You might try and get the firefox plugin to invoke emacs with the -nw command line option. On my Arch system, if you type 'emacs' from a gnome terminal, you will have no speech while emacs is running but if I type 'emacs -nw' in that same terminal, then you will have spoken output from Orca in the terminal. Might give that a try and let us know if that works. I think Iwould like being able to use a standard editor inside text areas like that. Hey as an aside, can't these plugins be configured to use gedit? I would think that would be less complex. gedit isn't all that bad; not as powerful as emacs but for editing text areas on a form, I would think that would be plenty adequate.