[orca-list] A fact about orca and my netbook that others may find useful!

Hi. I tried to get a pacmate display working with Orca and/or braille TTY (in the terminal). It wouldn't work in either and when I typed sudo brltty in the terminal I got the message "screen not in text mode". Then the speech crashed and I re-started Orca. The braille display started working and continued doing so, even after the speech crashed. This is going to be very useful for me I think in at least gaining a bit more use from my netbook.

Also does any one know what the "screen not in text mode" message means, and could braille in Orca not have been working because BRLTTY was not running undo sudo automatically?

Thanks
Jen!

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4392 (20090903) __________

http://www.eset.com