Re: [orca-list] Orca won't read gnome desktop stuff

Michael Whapples <mwhapples aim com> wrote:
You were spot on about debian breaking accessibility by not starting
at-spi, just got the wrapper from the 2.26.2 package and put it in
/usr/lib/gnome-session/helpers and added the file to the auto start
directory and it all works fine. Thanks. Now time for me to go off
and find the debian bug reporting tool and report it as a bug of the
debian package.

Just run reportbug from the shell.

I have not experienced this problem under an up to date Debian Sid, but I am
not using gdm, which could explain the difference.