[orca-list] OpenOffice.org and other Java Not Speaking Any Longer

Hi everyone,
It's a bit frustrating. All of a sudden orca is no longer speaking when
running anything Java. Anyone might know why this could be?
I did:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

on my Ubuntu 8.10 installation, but it wasn't a dist upgrade, just
latest versions of installed packages.

Any help would be much appreciated. How does one diagnose a non-speaking
app? Are there specific log files to look at? I'm also running
speech-dispatcher, but the logs there doesn't say stuff about orca, just
about espeak for example.

Keep well.