Re: [orca-list] DecTalk with orca?

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 06:54:26AM EST, Luke Yelavich wrote:
I think it still can be bought from fonix.com. Note that I don't know where to find it on the site, so you
may have to do some digging to find it.

As a follow up, I've found the page where you can choose what version of DecTalk you want to buy. Its at the
bottom of the page. There is either 4.6.4, or 5.0. I can't comment on 4.6.4, but 4.6.1 is ok, however is a
little sluggish with gnome-speech. Dectalk 5.0 was rather responsive, but the voice was not as pleasant to
listen to.

The page is here. http://www.fonixspeech.com/store_temp.php

Hope this helps.