Re: [orca-list] DecTalk with orca?

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 06:47:08AM EST, Josh wrote:
Hi,

Can DecTalk software still be purchased to be used as speech with Orca? If so, where can it be purchased
and for how much does it cost in US dollars?

I think it still can be bought from fonix.com. Note that I don't know where to find it on the site, so you
may have to do some digging to find it.

When I bought it several years ago, it was $50 US. I don't know whether that has changed, or whether its
still the same, but I believe that the price is reasonable for what you get.

Note that depending on the distro you use, you will have to build the gnome-speech driver for use with the
dectalk synthesizer.

Luke