Re: [orca-list] Reading with Orca in Open Office

Hi James:

1. When typing in Writer, I am unable to read the first line by pressing the Up arrow. If I press return at the beginning of the line I can then read it. Does anyone know why this might be?

Orca tells you when the caret changes position. When you're entering the very first line and press up arrow, the caret doesn't change because you are on the top line and there's nothing above it. By pressing return, you move the caret to a new line and pressing up will take you to the first line, moving the caret.

2. How can I get in and out of the footnote's section with Orca please. I am able to create a footnote but I cannot seem to escape that section of the document after it's been created.

Ctrl+PageDown should toggle you between the two. OOo has a "Keyboard" tab you can get to by selecting the "Tools->Customize" option. In there, you can find all sorts of interesting keystrokes for OOo.

Hope this helps!

Will