Re: [orca-list] useful Java applications and the future of JAB with Orca

Zachary Kline <kline zachary gmail com> wrote:
On a somewhat related note, I'm curious about the future of the java
access bridge and orca.  I believe that the JAB seems to be utilizing
corba, which I'm given to understand is being deprecated for Gnome 3.0.
How will Java and java-based programs handle the transition?

Try checking out this git repository. git://git.gnome.org/java-atk-wrapper

This is a rewrite of the Java Access Bridge to use ATK instead of Corba,
which, as you note, is being deprecated.