Re: [orca-list] Speech dispatcher vs. gnome speech

Quick note to any Arch users out there: Speech-Dispatcher can be found
on the AUR.  I made some minor tweaks to the PKGBUILD script to
include the backing up of the config files and alter some dependencies
but haven't had a chance to get it to the package maintainer for
correction.  But I've been using Speech Dispatcher lately with decent
results.  I just wish some of the character pronunciation was a little
better.  Some special characters like "_" and ";" wouldn't echo (sort
of) but that may be an espeak issue. Though gnome-speech doesn't
exhibit these artifacts when it speaks strings to espeak.  So not sure
what the whole problem is.  Other than that, I wouldn't mind using
Speech Dispatcher in the long term.