Re: [orca-list] Encountering issue - TIMEOUT: something has hung. Aborting.

Hi,

ÂThanks for the response. I tried checking "test-speech" and it was working
fine. The actual issue turned out to be the timeout duration setting in
orca/settings.py (i.e) changed the timeout value in orca/settings.py from

timeoutTime       = 10  # a value of 0 means don't do hang checking

timeoutTime       = 25  # a value of 0 means don't do hang checking

The laptop was taking more time to load the speech server (it may also be so as it had espeak, Gnome speech & Speech Dispatcher ), but the ORCA application was timing out before the Speech server could be loaded and then festival-synthesizer was also consuming around 80 - 90 % of CPU, without ORCA getting completely loaded.

ÂÂ By changing the "timeoutTime" value, the issue was resolved.

Regards,
Vinodh.

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 13:26:43 -0500, Willie Walker wrote