[orca-list] A new linux system.

Hi everybody,

Sorry if this is off topic.

I am building a new linux system, called the LIFE OS (linux is for everybody). I did start building a version based on ubuntu, finished it and never did anything else with it. I'm building a new one however this time based on debian. The main goals of the life OS are accessibility, stability, relyability, ease of use for anybody - sighted or blind or disabled in any other way, and of course speed! The aim is that anybody can install it no matter how old or new there computer is.

I'm trying to choose the desktop. I know orca is designed for gnome, and I don't want to use KDE or XFCE. I'm thinking of using LXDE. Has anybody used LXDE with orca, Is it accessible? how do I set it up?

Thank you for any help, sorry if this message is a bit long!

Ash
Personal website:
www.ashleycox.co.uk