Re: [orca-list] Selecting Text in the Terminal

Hi,
Instead of just shift+slash try ctrl+shift+slash. It works for me.

--
Thoughts of a Dragon:
http://www.stormdragon.us/

On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 10:36 -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:

Nah, sure broken here <sigh>.  I used to be able to use this in
versions past on other distros but haven't done this in quite some
time.  I don't have to set anything up in advance, do I? The only
thing I notice now is when I press the slash key to begin the
selection, I usually hear nothing spoken; then when I get to the end
of the block to select, I press shift slash and I will hear "Paste
grayed shift-control-v."  After that, if I go to the edit menu, there
is no option available to copy the selection.  I also have no selected
text spoken when I press the kp_enter key either.

If this actually works for you, what prompts or text gets spoken when
you go through these steps?  Also, I notice that if I press slash with
or without the shift enhancement at the end of the selection block, I
hear that same text I mentioned earlier; it's like no difference so
I'm getting suspicious of the shift slash key combo.