Re: [orca-list] Selecting Text in the Terminal

Hi,
No problems with orca 2.8.1.

[]S Josà Vilmar EstÃcio de Souza
http://www.informal.com.br
Msn:vilmar informal com br Skype:jvilmar
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jvesouza
Phone: +55 21-2555-2650 Cel: +55 21-8868-0859

On 11/07/2009 02:40 AM, Steve Holmes wrote:
Has anyone been able to select text in a terminal with Orca lately? What I tried to do was position the flat review cursor (mouse pointer) over the left most character and press the keypad slash key to left click it. Then move over to the right most character and do a shift-slash to complete the selection. At that point, I would hope to have a selection on the edit menu to copy the text. Also, if I would press the keypad enter key, I would expect to hear the selected text. But the key never speaks any selected text and the copy option is never shown in the edit menu. This all makes me think the text selection feature is now broken in Orca or something changed. I can cut/paste just fine from other gnome apps and I can paste previously copied text from any other gnome app to the terminal and paste with gnome-terminal but I can't select for copy any text in the terminal with the above described procedure.

Any thoughts?