[orca-list] OT: LMGTFY accessibility

Sorry, couldn't resist the meta nature of an OT post about OT posts. :P

Thanks for mentioning LMGTFY.com, saw it on one of the feeds I follow a while back and hadn't been able to find it since. I either may not have googled it or may have needed someone else to do it for me.

In any case, I just tried it and am not sure what about it is inaccessible. The least accessible aspect of my experience was that I'm running NoScript and both the landing page and the redirected link require javascript, and since it wasn't immediately obvious that I'd been redirected, I had to allow scripts twice. But, yay, as a former non-googler, I'm glad to have a poignant tool available to me.

Sorry to be such a kermudgen, but if you're going to use Linux, you really have to learn to do the research, even if only to find relevant communities. Linux (and to a lesser extent Solaris) isn't like other OSs in that there isn't a single distributor. Asking Linux questions on the Orca (or any Linux app) list makes about as much sense as asking home improvement questions on a gardening list because the garden is part of your home. And if community boundaries aren't maintained then community loses any meaning beyond "clusters of people with vaguely similar interests gathered around a flag." We DO have a flag, don't we? ;)