Re: [orca-list] updating orca on ubuntu8.19 now?

Hi Kyle:

As the Orca project lead, I'm going to give you the 'official' stance: each release of Orca is targeted for the version of GNOME for which it was made. The Ubuntu folks are diligent about packaging the GNOME releases well, so the version of Orca that comes with 8.10 is most likely the version that came with GNOME. This is the official compatible version.

Having said that, I don't control your fingers and what commands they type on your keyboard. If they happen to type the commands under the "Obtaining the Orca Sources, Building and Installing" section of http://live.gnome.org/Orca/DownloadInstall, well, that's what they typed. Keep in mind that those same fingers, and not mine, are the ones that bear the responsibility to get you out of any trouble that they may have caused.

Will