Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: new OCR project for Linux!]

Jacob Schmude <j schmude gmail com> wrote:
Thanks, this is really cool. I remember using this OCR engine a while
back, and it was pretty good, at least on par with Tesseract if not a
bit better. I'd forgotten that it had been open sourced, nice to see a
Linux port happening.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CuneiForm_(software)

From a quick inspection, the source archive contains a lot of C/C++ code
comprising the OCR system itself, together with a command line application for
recognizing pages. Instructions on how to compile it are included.

Note that the table recognition code hasn't been released yet; it is therefore
not included.