[orca-list] (no subject)

    Hello everyone,

My name is Ashley Cox, and i'm new to this list. I'm really interested in linux, and hope to create my own ubuntu based linux distribution.

I'm new to orca, and i've only played around a bit. I've found that some apps that run as root (like the add/remove... program in ubuntu) cause orca to stop speaking. After some research on the orca wiki, i found that i have to configure orca to run with applications that require rute access. I followed all the instructions, but still these programs don't work.

How do I fix this?

Thanks for any help!

Ashley Cox.

p.s: i'm running ubuntu 8.10, with all latest updates installed. Laptop has 1.66 ghz intel CPU, 992 mb ram, 93.1 gb harddrive, sony dvd RW drive.