Re: [orca-list] reviewing orca with eclipse, any experiences?

First of all eclipse works with orca fairly well. Although eclipse is java based it doesn't need the java access bridge to work with orca as eclipse uses SWT for the GUI which uses the platforms native toolkit (in the case of linux GTK).

Auto complete in the past hasn't always worked with orca, I believe it was an eclipse issue that an accessible event wasn't being fired when the text in the editor changed. I think the bug has been recently fixed in eclipse (I don't know if the fix has made it into a release version yet).

Eclipse doesn't always seem to shutdown properly when using accessibility so I tend to keep it open all the time when using it and only shut it down when I plan to shutdown the computer.

There are some other bugs as well, but probably it is best you just try and use it, I don't think there is anything so big it will stop you.

Michael Whapples