Re: [orca-list] Possibility to develope Nepali text to speech engine

On 19 Mar, Khom KAB <khomkab yahoo com> wrote:

I would like to develope a Nepali text to speech engine because there
is not any programme. For this purpose I need your suggestion,
support and guideline.

There is an experimental Nepali voice in the development version of the
eSpeak text-to-speech synthesizer at:
http://espeak.sf.net/test/latest.html

It has had little feedback, so it will probably need much work to make
it sound good.

Listen carefully and try to identify what sounds wrong.  Perhaps:

1.  Some vowel of consonant sounds are bad, perhaps in only some
positions in a word, or next to some other sounds.

2.  Spelling-to-phoneme rules are wrong.

3.  Stress is on the wrong syllable of word.

4.  Intonation and rhythm problems.

Perhaps you can help to improve the eSpeak Nepali voice.
Please contact me by email at:
jonsd users sourceforge net