Re: [orca-list] Turning off screens with Orca

Not only will it continue to work, you'll find you will enhance your
battery life. So, it's to your advantage to learn how to control this.

Hint: On many laptops you can turn the LCD off via some kind of keyboard
command. Check your laptop's documentation. Note that it's likely to be
documented as powering an externally connected screen, which is the same
thing if no external screen is connected.

Janina

James & Nash writes:
Hi folks,

As I have no need of a screen, if I turn off my laptop Screen in Ubuntu will Orca still work. i have no way
of knowing if the screen is off but I am just curious to know how Orca reads the screen - does it read at
system level? It doesn't seem to work with JFW

Thanks

james