Re: [orca-list] OT Orca, Skype and accessibility workaround

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 13:37 +0100, Hermann wrote:

Would you please turn down your speech? If you want not to be insulted
what you call your "freedom", then be so kind and don't call developers,
that work for companies "terrorists"!
This attitude is not only ideological, but cynical.
How can you call a lot of people that honnestly work for accessibility,
but in the Windows community, "terrorists"? Remember that a lot of
developers worked hard to make Firefox and other Mozilla products
accessible under Windows, to provide alternatives to MS' products? Why
must you insult them?
Because encouraging "care a daam about freedom " is insulting.

And by the way what is "your freedom " as if this is some untouchable
group of people that we say "your " and "our ".
I think that is another insult and talking about alternatives to ms
products on windows, I feel that was a kind of joke cracked to cool
things down so *smile* we are developing alternatives to ms products as
if windows is free and open source.
Yes for any *organisation * which says "we oblige you with x software
which is feature rich but surrender your freedom to customise it or
re-distribue it " is an act of terrorism.

Today having no technology freedom is like no freedom.

I think orca has become rich only because any one can contribute to it
and if developers are working for proprietory organisations then they
can't help it except that they can contribute to free softwares on free
operating systems.

And one note regarding "alternatives": I know about half a dozen screen
readers for Windows, but only one under Linux' GUI. Any questions?

And how many of them talk in languages in developing countries like
India?
And instead of considering the screen readers on windows as "all mighty
" I think it is better that there is a focus on developing one single
comprehensive free software on gnu/linux and have as much contribution
to it as possible.

Infact I am happy that most of the development work is concentrating on
only *one screen reader * in gnu/linux on gnome.

But let's take this discussion elsewhere may be we can debait on this
offtopic but at least make sure that freedom is not insulted.

We can do so, but I take myself the "freedom" to argue strongly against

I will answer this but the justification is long enough and one
"inappropriate " behaviour is to again mail on this list.
I have requested to discuss this off the list and I will do so if I get
only off the list emails.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.