Re: [orca-list] Vibuntu the most accessible Ubuntu Linux live cd

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel shellworld net> wrote:
The problems with
linux are the bsd learn utility isn't available in Linux package form for
installation yet and the vms help command isn't yet available either.

In the absence of those, there's a good tutorial here for Digital Unix, which
is mostly applicable to Linux.

http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_HTML/ARH91CTE/TITLE.HTM

In the chapter on shells, pay attention to the sections on the Posix shell,
- Posix is the standard which Bash mostly conforms to.

It would be valuable to the community, I think, if HP were to release this
document for distribution, even if they can't allow modifications to it.

There are other tutorials around, but this one is the best that I've found so
far, while searching for such materials to help people who have asked me for
them.

I know this is off-topic for the list, so perhaps further follow-up should be
mailed to me instead of to the list.

I think Bell Labs released the learn program at some point, but I don't know
whether anybody made it compile and run under Linux. I also recall that the VI
lessons were separate, and I'm not sure whether that's available in any form
now.