Re: [orca-list] Orca, speech-dispatcher and eSpeak stability

Except that Voxin is 32-bit only and further, depends on an outdated version of glibc that, while it works now, may not continue to do so. While Voxin 0.2 can be easily installed on 64-bit systems, it's still 32-bit only and takes a bit of effort to get working on 64-bit. Also, there are bugs using Voxin with orca and speech-dispatcher, certain punctuation marks do not get spoken or are given odd names. I've not been able to figure out if this bug lies in speech dispatcher or orca, since Orca doesn't exhibit this behavior with espeak but sd/voxin only exhibits this behavior with orca and nothing else. Remember, pulse output is a must, he mentioned several times that straight ALSA is not acceptable, so this means sd must be used. Trying to wrap the Voxin gnome-speech driver i padsp leads to a very unstable system indeed, it's the most unstable of all the gnome-speech drivers when used this way with Orca.
As for dectalk, can it even be purchased anymore?