Re: [orca-list] Orca, speech-dispatcher and eSpeak stability

Hi,
I reported the bug with speech-dispatcher and eSpeak on the speech-dispatcher list. It appears to be some kind of bug with alsa or something, even though I am running pulseaudio here and am having the same problem. I received a reply on that list that suggested I either have speech-dispatcher output via OSS or use gnome-speech. I liked either of these options less than I liked having to create a hotkey to a small script that will restart speech-dispatcher and Orca, so the latter is what I did. Hopefully this bug will be fixed very soon. I get tired of losing speech, even though I can just press a key combination to restart it. And gnome-speech isn't the best option for me either, since its eSpeak driver is now bypassing pulseaudio entirely so that I can't run Orca and have music or even system sounds playing at the same time through my onboard audio.

HTH,
Lorenzo
--
 Great Goddess Isis,