[orca-list] installing ubuntu 6 with orca

Hi all,

I asked this a few weeeks ago but don't think I got an answer. I've managed to get ahold of a Ubuntu 6 live cd. I want to install it on a machine and possibly upgrade it to the latest version. My question is, how do I boot into it with speech? I tried the instructions on one of the pages on the Orca site (don't remember which page, but they were to press f5, then 3 and enter twice I think) and the cd eventually spun down, but no sound, not even the Gnome login sound. What am I doing wrong? I would like a response to this as soon as possible because I may not have this cd for long. I am using it because all the images I've downloaded (I've tried the latest Vinux and Ubuntu 8.10 images) seem to get corrupted.

Thanks.