Re: [orca-list] Orca crashes after login

Hi Hermann:

The timeout tells me something is wrong with the a11y integration. What's happening at the point in question is that Orca is trying to find the active window on the desktop, but the call to the registry is hanging. This could be many many things. :-(

The only non-standard environment I work with these days is a vncserver. In my vncserver xstartup script, I make sure I run gnome-session. That seems to take care of things for me. Since your startx script launches other things, it's hard for me to tell what you might be doing.

In any case, this is getting out of the scope of Orca and into the area of a highly customized non-standard X/GNOME configuration. I wish I had the luxury of being able to chase this down (it would be a fun learning experience), but I'm just too swamped and need to focus on other things right now. :-(

Will