Re: [orca-list] Interested in helping with orca.

Hi Damian:

Welcome! There are several ways a non-programmer can become involved in Orca, and you've mentioned them. :-) You can help test by downloading the latest Orca code and make sure it works with different versions of applications such as Firefox, Thunderbird, OpenOffice, etc. You can log bugs and feature requests at http://bugzilla.gnome.org. And, you can help with the translation of Orca (and GNOME in general) by joining the GNOME translation team: http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/pl.

You've got the right community spirit and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Will
(Orca lead)

Damian PrzybyÅa wrote:

Dear Sirs,

I AM an experienced blind computer user. I have an experience in translating computer documentation. My last project was a 350 pages long manual for the Braille Sense â a notetaker for the blind. Iâve translated this manual into Polish. Two weeks ago Iâve installed Ubuntu 8.10 ultimate edition and I learn az fast az / can how to use this thing. I believe in freedom of information exchange and in freedom of culture development. Az a blind journalist I want to promote the idea of linux, az an accessible alternative for blind computer users. /

/However I do not consider orca to be a powerfull enough screenreader, I think itâs a good starting point and I think that with our, blind users effort, it can even be the best one some day. /

/I hope I can help with testing, translating and creating documentation, and suggesting new features. /

/My hobby is hamradio. I believe something can be done to improve accessibility in this area az well. /

/Best regards, /

/Damian PrzybyÅa SP9QLO /