Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird Badly Broken!

Hi Steve
I had this problem with Firefox a few days ago, and thought it was an Orca issue for a little while at first. The problem actually turned out to be that the FF auto-update feature failed to install the new build properly, and resulted in the install being able to load but not to perform any other function. If you used the auto-update (under Help/ Check for updates) and it happened after that, try re-downloading the latest tarball and erasing and re-extracting the thunderbird folder. Settings won't be erased, as they're not stored with the app itself, but this will restore the application itself to a clean state after a failed automatic update.

hth